Solemnization of Marriage (For Filipino Couples)/Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
The Embassy solemnizes marriages between Filipino citizens only. The legal marrying age for Filipino citizens is eighteen (18) years. However, a person to be married who is below 24 years old has to secure the CONSENT of his/her parents.
- Certificate of No Marriage Record of both parties issued by the NSO authenticated by the DFA.
- Parents Affidavit of Consent to be subscribed by a Notary Public and authenticated by DFA. (for ages 24 and below).
- Application for Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage with notarization.
- Joint Affidavit of Contracting Parties.
- Joint Affidavit of Witnesses.
- Photocopies of the passports and labor cards of the applicants.
- Three (3) passport size pictures of the contracting parties.
- Photocopies of the passports and labor cards of the witnesses.
- Presence of the witnesses during the wedding ceremony.
- Payment: Rials Omani seventy-four (R.O. 74.000)
- Formal Attire for the contracting parties.
- No marriage ceremony will be scheduled unless the requirements are complete and the mandatory two (2) weeks public notice has passed.
- A Filipino citizen planning to get married to other foreign national has to secure a CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY TO MARRY from the Embassy (please submit requirements 1 to 8 only).