Applying for NBI Clearance
REQUIREMENTS (for first-time applicants living/working abroad):
- Ask for a Fingerprint Card form from the Embassy and fill it up. For married women, please write your name in the following order: maiden surname (father’s surname), husband’s surname, first or given name, and maternal surname (mother’s family name).
- Attach a colored 2” x 2” photograph, taken within three months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
- The Embassy will have your fingerprints impressed (Rolled Impression) on the appropriate spaces of the NBI Fingerprint Card form.
- The Embassy will authenticate the Fingerprint Card form. There is a fee for this service (please refer to fee/processing days below).
- Send the authenticated Fingerprint Card form to the NBI for issuance of clearance (please refer to sending instructions below).
Fee / Processing Daysdocument authentication in the Embassy:
- 10 Omani Rials (3 working days)
- 14 Omani Rials (expedite - if to be filed before 12 noon, the release will be in the afternoon of the same day; but if to be filed between 1:00 - 3:00 pm, the release will be in the morning of the following day.
By Mail - Enclose Money Order in the amount of Php 200.00 or bank draft, which is negotiable in the Philippines, payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following are the accredited banks:
- Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)
- ANZ – A New Zealand Bank
- Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)
Mr. Francisco Donozo
Attn: Identification and Records Division – Mailed Clearance Section
National Bureau of Investigation
Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila
Through a Representative in the Philippines – Mail the accomplished form to your representative, along with an authenticated signed letter or Special Power of Attorney (SPA) authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your representative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) in NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.
Upon receipt of your clearance certificate (whether directly from the NBI or your representative), please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion. The clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for on the clearance certificate before submitting it to the end-user, otherwise, your clearance will be subjected for further verification/authentication.
REQUIREMENTS (for applicants living/working abroad renewing their NBI clearance, issued from 1998 onwards):
- Original NBI clearance, with updated information for address and purpose of clearance indicated; otherwise, write “Same Data”, if none.
- For changes in name, date of birth or place of birth, duly-accomplished Fingerprint Card form, with photocopy of Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate.
- One (1) colored photo, 2” x 2”, taken within three months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.
- Photocopy of your passport with date stamped proving your presence abroad.
- Send all of the above documents to the NBI, following the same SENDING instructions.
Note: If NBI clearance was issued prior to 1998, or you have lost your personal copy of the certificate, follow the instructions for First Time applicants from abroad.
For further information and questions regarding NBI clearances, please contact the NBI at the following:
Telephone No.: (+632) 523-8231 local 5523