A Philippine Birth Certificate is necessary for Filipino citizens.  It serves as a permanent and official record of the person’s existence and the person’s family ties under Philippine law.  It will enable them to apply for a Philippine passport, attend Philippine schools and higher educational institutions, get a job in the Philippines, obtain a Philippine marriage license, get married, etc.

A child of Filipino parents born abroad can obtain a Philippine Birth Certificate through his parents or legal guardian reporting the child’s birth at the Philippine Embassy in the child’s country of birth, or the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having consular jurisdiction over the country or locality where the child was born.

If only one of the child’s parents is a Filipino citizen, the parents can still register the birth of their child and obtain a Philippine Birth Certificate for the child. 


4 copies, signed by one of the child’s parents as informant, typewritten/encoded or printed legibly in black ink

  • Copies of the English version of the child’s Birth Certificate issued by the Royal Oman Police (ROP) and apostilled by the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1 original apostille, 3 copies)

For requirements on obtaining an Omani birth certificate, visit

For locations of the Authentication Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, please visit

To see a sample of the Oman Apostille stamp, please visit

  • Original passports of the child’s parents and 4 copies each

The original passport is required to be seen and examined by the Consular Section.

  • Copies of parents’ Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and apostilled by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) (1 original apostille, 3 copies)

Alternately, 4 copies of the Report of Marriage (ROM) of the parents issued by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate where the marriage was solemnized.

  • Fee of OMR 10.000 (cash only)
  • In case of delay in submitting a Report of Birth (more than one year from the date of the child’s birth), the reporting parent or guardian must also submit an Affidavit of Delayed Report of Birth [download here], which has a fee of OMR 10.000.

The Philippine Embassy will accept the Report of Birth only for Filipinos with proof of having been born in the Sultanate of Oman, especially in cases of delayed registration of birth.

If one of the requirements for the Report of Birth cannot be submitted due to special circumstances, please request for a meeting with consular personnel by email to the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Around nine (9) months after you submitted a Report of Birth at the Philippine Embassy, you should be able to get your child’s Birth Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).

To obtain the Birth Certificate, you can choose any of these options:

  • Assign a representative in the Philippines to obtain the Birth Certificate on your behalf at any PSA Census Serbilis Center or SM Business Center; or
  • Apply online through PSA Serbilis (

If you need to submit copies of your child’s PSA-issued Birth Certificate to any government office or institution in Oman, as well as for any consular service at the Philippine Embassy, make sure it is apostilled by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) before it is sent to Oman. You may also need to have the document and its apostille certificate translated to Arabic by a licensed translator before it is accepted at certain Omani government offices or institutions.

The Philippine Embassy is not authorized to authenticate a PSA-issued Birth Certificate and will not accept it for such service.  Only the DFA has authority to apostille documents issued by Philippine government authorities and institutions following Philippine authentication regulations.

To enable your representative to have your Birth Certificate apostilled on your behalf, you must assign him/her as your Attorney-in-Fact (AIF) through a Special Power of Attorney (SPA), which you can notarize at the Philippine Embassy in Oman.